This task is a 2-step process:
- Get the RI Member Number
- Create a profile for the new member on the District Database.
It is also one of the few times that you will go to Member Access in RI. Why? Every Member profile in the District Database is tracked by the RI member number. Currently, you can only get that number through member access but the process is simple.
Step 1: Get a RI Membership ID Number.
- Sign into “Club Central” at www.Rotary.org/myrotary
If you do not have an account on Rotary.org, click on Create account and follow the directions.
- Scroll to the menus at the bottom of screen. Under “MANAGE”, click on “Club & District Administration”.
- In the “CLUB ADMINISTRATION” box, click on Add/edit/remove member”. You will be presented with a list of your club member with their RI Membership ID numbers.
- Near the top of the screen, click on the “Add Members” button.
- If the new member was previously a Rotarian, click on the “Search for an existing member” button. Enter their name to find their old membership ID number. Returning Rotarians use their existing Membership Number. If you find their number, write it down, log out of Member Access and return to the District Database.
- a) If they are new to Rotary, click on the “Continue” button to go to the “Add Members” screen.
b) Complete the required fields and at the bottom of the screen, click on the “Save” button.
c) Return to the “Update Membership Data” screen and note the new member’s Membership number. Log out of Member Access and return to the District Database.
Step 2: Set up the new member in the District Database.
- Sign into the District Database at www.DaCdb.com or by clicking here.
- On the top menu bar, click on the “My Club” tab.
- Scroll down to Section 1 – Club Information. Click on the yellow “Add New Member” button on the right side of the screen.
- On the Member Admin – Add New Member screen complete all fields and include their email address. Leave Member Type at “Active”
Click on the yellow “Add” button.
- Complete the remaining Tabs with as much information as possible.
Note: Try to include years in birth dates and anniversaries where possible. This is used at a high level to help you understand things such as the demographics of your club and the district. The year does not display on any screens or reports outside of the members’ individual profile maintenance screens.
From your District Database Screen, click on the Help tab at the far right of the top menu bar.