Transferring a Rotarian into your Club
This task is a 2-step process:
- Move the member in RI Club Central Access and the District Database
- Verify/Update the new member’s information on the database from their Application for Membership
Step 1: Move the Member in RI and the District Database
Collect the following information:
- The correct spelling of the member’s name
- The Member’s RI Membership Number. Available in the District Database if they are transferring from within the District or they will have it on their Rotarian Magazine
- The Member’s old Club Number. Available in the District Database if they are transferring from within the District
- The effective date for the transfer
- The Member’s Application for Membership document
- Sent an email:
To: “data@Rotary.org” and “info@PhillaRotary.org”
CC: <Club Secretary in old Club)
Subject: Rotary Member Transfer
Body of Email:RI,
<Member’s Name> is transferring FROM <Old Club Name (Club#)> TO <New Club Name (Club #)> effective <effective date>.Please update Club Central to reflect their new Club Number.
District Database Administrator,
Please update the member’s club name in the District Database.
- You will receive a message back from RI and the District Database Administrator letting you know when the changes have been made.
Step 2: Verify/Update the Member’s Profile Information in the District Database.
- Sign into the District Database at www.DaCdb.com or by clicking here.
- On the top menu bar, click on the “My Club” tab.
- Scroll down to Section 3 – Club Members and positions. Scroll down the the new member and click on “edit” to the right of their name.
- Review and update data fields as required based in information on their Application for Membership.
- Complete the remaining Tabs with as much information as possible.
Note: Try to include years in birth dates and anniversaries where possible. This is used at a high level to help you understand things such as the demographics of your club and the district. The year does not display on any screens or reports outside of the members’ individual profile maintenance screens.
- BEFORE LEAVING THIS SECTION:
Be sure to save your work by clicking on the yellow “Update” button in the top right corner of the panel.