2018 District Conference
Whistle Stop Tour April 20-22
The theme for our 2018 District 7450 Conference is Hop on the Whistle Stop Tour!
We will have a 3-day District Conference that will visit 3 different areas in our District with lots of activities planned. We hope you can get on board with us and attend some or all of the events scheduled for this great weekend.
On Friday, April 20, 2018, we will kick off the District Conference at 5:30pm with the 2nd Annual SASY Awards at the Springfield Country Club. The District will be recognizing Rotarians and Rotary Clubs for their service from the years 2016-2018. This is sure to be a night you won’t want to miss!
Your Rotary Club works hard all year long. Join us on Friday night as we celebrate how we are Making A Difference and being the Inspiration to the World.
Clubs will be recognized for:
- Best Gundaker Foundation Grant
- Best Rotaract Club of the Year
- Best Rotary Foundation Grant
- Best Social Media/Public Relations Club
Individuals will be recognized for:
- Best Club Newest Member
- Best Director of a Fund Raiser
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- Rotarian 10 Years or Less Service Award
- Rotarian 11 Years or More Service Award
Clubs or Individuals will be recognized for:
- Best Producer of a Local Service Project
- Best Producer of an International Service Project
- Service Above Self Award
On Saturday, April 21, 2018, join us for the District Conference Program at the Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia-Valley Forge. Registration is at 7:45am and the day will include, breakfast, lunch, educational sessions, a House of Friendship, networking, and more. Paul Harris will open the Saturday Session! We hope to see you there and that you will stay for the happy hour where we will celebrate our amazing year of service, friendship and fun!
The conference program on Saturday will offer dynamic speakers. Highlights include, David Forward will speak about the Rotary International Peace Centers, Carol Metzker and Ann Marie Jones, a local survivor of human trafficking, will discuss strategies for protecting kids, 4 Way Test contest speeches, and much more.
On Sunday, April 22, 2018 we will celebrate Earth Day! The day will begin with a brunch at the Great American Pub in Conshohocken from 10:30 AM – 12:30 PM. After brunch, we’re hosting a Service Project at Bob White Park in King of Prussia where we will plant at least 80 trees and contribute to Rotary International President Ian Riseley’s goal of planting 1.2 million trees during his year!
We’re looking forward to seeing you the weekend of April 20-22, 2018 and asking each of you to “get on board” for the journey of the year!
Be one of the first 100 to register to be entered into a drawing for:
- 1st Prize – 3-day Conference Pass to all planned events (value $300.00)
- 2nd prize – Scarf/Tie autographed by Rotary International President Ian Riseley
- 3rd Prize – Train memorabilia commemorating D7450’s year of “Getting on Board with Rotary!”
Registration is open at the links below: